New Support Worker Account
Please read all of the instructions below first!
Registering for the ALAP Support Worker Database consists of several easy steps. On this page, you'll provide your contact and other basic
information (e.g. whether you're available to travel or prefer to work only from home) and pick a password.
On subsequent pages, you'll have an opportunity to write a personal statement, upload your resume (PDF preferred, but Word is also acceptable) and a photo. The personal statement can be anything you feel our members should know about your experience, work interests, etc.
We ask you to keep in mind the following simple style notes and other necessaries:
1. While all lower case may seem terribly clever, please use traditional
capitalization for your first name, last name and city. Email
addresses are generally not case sensitive, so all lower case is best.
2. Please write out the name of your city--in other words, Los Angeles, not L.A.
3. Under no circumstances should you use ALL CAPS for any of your entries. It's considered screaming.
4. If you mention play or film titles in your personal statement, please use bold and italics rather than ALL CAPS.
5. Headshots must be uploaded as .jpg, .jpeg, .png or .gif files. Please
try to limit each individual picture to roughly 250k in size and use
only alphanumeric file names.
A few additional, important reminders:
1. The database is only accessible by ALAP members in a password-protected area. Your information is not viewable by the general public.
2. For your phone number (and email), please use a number that you
yourself answer and/or check. That could be a cell number or a message service, just not an agency/management company.
3. If you include a website link, please make sure it is specific to you
as an individual and not a general link or a link to a commercial site.
4. Support workers must be 18 years of age or older at the time of listing.
5. Should you wish to update your listing later, you may do so at any time. Always remember to login by clicking on the For Support Workers tab on the main menu.
Please be aware that your initial listing, and any subsequent changes you make, must be verified and approved by an administrator before they "go live." While we strive to do this as quickly as possible, it can take some time -- we appreciate your patience. All listings in the database are at the sole discretion of the ALAP co-chairs, and we reserve the right to exclude any listing or element thereof.
Once your information is verified, you will be "live" in our database, and our members will have the opportunity to contact you for their projects!